Some of the Off-Page content which is recognised by SEO is links of your website on other websites, while On-Page content recognised by SEO includes linking social media handles, image optimisation, and readers’ dwell time.
The way you present your content, the easiness of navigating through your website, the attractiveness of your site and illustrations and graphs all are your On-Page content aspects determine your SEO ranking.
Make sure you play with this content in and around, use it to the best of your advantage, and watch your website scaling new heights.
On-Page Content Continues to be Considered the Most Effective SEO Tactic:
On-Page SEO content which drives SEO is primarily how appealing your site is to the audience.
The quality of your content, image and design will determine your SEO ranking and how well your site is bound to fare with the audiences.
Off-Page content also works in your favour, but On-Page is the primary source of content which drives your site.
- The title, subheading and tags determine your traffic. Keep it crisp and to-the-point. Also, use modifiers for better results.
- Use pictures, colours, attractive designs, graphs and charts to draw attention of your audience. People, in general, are more attracted to colours and diagrams than to text.
- Include outbound and internal links to your website content. Using this will tremendously improve your SEO rankings in the long run.
- Boost your dwell time by using these tactics.
- Link your social media handles as much as possible, and be active on those sites too.
- Refrain form using shorter articles. Instead resort to linger and more detailed versions of your articles.
Using the above-mentioned tricks and tips, you can be well assured that you are bound to have your site targeting and reaching a tremendous number of people, way beyond your imagination.
Having said that, these are the reasons why On-Page content is considered to be the most effective, even more effective than Off-Page content.
Having said that, in no way does this mean that you need to completely negate Off-Page content. You need that too as well. Pay attention to both On-page as well as Off-Page content for the search engine to be able to recognize your site and its content. You need everything there is to help your site climb up the ladder and reach the top.
16 Key ON-Page SEO Factors That Search Engines Use:
This will not only give you an upper edge over the content of other sites, but will boost your website traffic and cause you to generate more revenue.
Below are mentioned some of the ways by which you can achieve this. Make sure you follow the methods effectively and you will never have to worry about your site not showing up in search engines ever again.
 Start off with a relevant title:
- You need to be crystal clear what your article speaks about. You cannot afford to give your readers a haywire idea about the content and have them drifting away to other sites for clarity.
- Don’t beat around the bush and keep it crisp and clear.
- This applies to not only your title but content as well.
- Also, remember to provide a gist of your article content to your readers through the title. The importance of this cannot be stressed enough. The title is nothing but a summary of your content. Keep it real and true to its name.
 Use modifiers for your title:
- Modifiers impart a better meaning to the purpose of the article through its title. Use words like best’, review’ and guide’ in order to give a clear idea to the reader of what to expect from the content.
- For example, you can modify your title like this: Best budget smartphones for 2018’ or Guide for purchasing the best smartphone’ etc.
- whatever it is, your reader must know what the article is about just by throwing a looking at the title. This will boost your On-Page SEO content.
- URLs which don’t sport the name of your article or the keyword serve no purpose whatsoever in improving your site’s traffic.
- Rely on a URL that clearly displays your keyword. Also, shorter links are preferred. It is a well-known fact that shorter URLs are given better rankings by Google than long and insignificant ones.
 Give an <h1> tag to your title:
- H1 tag is nothing but your headline tag. Mostly, your site will automatically be given this tag, but if not, you need to add it.
- Many a times, some themes, simply overlook this tag and present the title without it. which is why, you need to be sure of your H1 tag.
 Make use of illustrations:
- Nothing catches the eye and attention as a good and colourful picture. However, the trick here is to keep the illustration as relevant and as to-the-point as possible.
- There is no limit to how far you can go with being creative in this regard but, again, keep it relevant to the nature of your content.
- You can use pictures, videos, graphs, tables, charts and anything that displays information in an interesting way. Make the best use of colours and keep it subtle and elegant, but useful and informative too.
 Use H2 tags for subheadings:
- Don’t underestimate subheadings. They help break down your article into readable parts that are better understood by readers.
- It is easier to scan through a write-up of multiple subheads than to read through a big bulk of text all clubbed together. This will considerably improve your On-Page SEO to a great extent.
- Also, your readers can directly skip their way to the subhead they are most interested in. Make sure you use H2 tags for your subheadings all throughout your articles.
 Display your keyword within the first 100 words:
- This is, again, one of the many ways by which SEO checks for your content. The trick is to include your major or primary keyword within the first 100 words of your text.
- This serves two purposes: it keeps your content in the required format and allows it to be picked easily by the reader through SEO, and it keeps you from beating around the bush since now you have directly address the topic in the first 100 words itself.
 Design your site according to your content:
- The overall design of your site must be in accordance with the content you are offering. Keep that well into consideration while choosing templates, colours and designs for your website.
- For instance, bright and bold colours will do well for a baking website or a site imparting fashion sense.
- But a tech design will do justice to a site mainly peaking of technology and gadgets. You can hire a creative artist to get the work done for you, you can very well do it yourself. However, keep it simple and easy to navigate through if you wish to see your audience sticking around.
 Make use of outbound links:
- The simple reason enough for you to include outbound links is that sites which you use outbound links are ranked better by Google than the ones that don’t.
- The trick here is to keep your links as relevant as possible and not just include it with the sole purpose of putting an outbound links. You need to do this if you want to give your On-Page SEO content a boost.
 Don’t negate internal links:
- As mentioned before, your entire aim must be to draw traffic to your site and cause them to dwell on it. This can only be done if you include internal links as well.
- Overlapping information, or any word that reminds you of an entire separate article on your site, can be linked to another article of your own site which will have your reader navigate through your articles.
 Improve the speed of your site:
- Faster hosting is underrated. According to recent reports, a whopping 75% of your audience wouldn’t care to visit your site if it took any longer than 4 second to load. Switch to faster hosting or resort to using CDN compressing images.
- The speed of your site needs to go up or your ranking will definitely go down. People lack time these days, and patience too.
- If you want to have them sticking around, do anything of the like to induce speed and boost your overall ranking of On-Page SEO.
 Scatter LSI keywords throughout:
- LSI keywords determine how relevant your article is and how close it is to providing information to the title that you have mentioned. It is according to this that your website is ranked and brought into notice of readers and other audiences.
- Use LSI keywords and use them throughout your write-up to keep your entire content within the range of relevancy of your article title. Use this to improve your On-Page SEO content.
 Use image optimisation:
- Its not just your text content that needs to be optimised but your images as well. In fact, any illustration that you include in your write-up must be optimised for it to appear in the feed of your audience.
- They may land on your site just by following your images or graphs or other relevant content on it that you included. Hence, it is important to have your images optimised as well.
 Don’t underestimate social media:
- As is no news, social media is the link joining everything nowadays. Make your social media presence quite apparent.
- Also, it is nothing but important and extremely necessary to include all your social media handles on your website, namely Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This will draw traffic to your online pages as well, and will improve your overall ratings.
- In addition to that, you can even provide updates of your sites on your social media handles which will enable viewers to go check out your site all the more than they naturally would.
- Learn how to market your website and yourself through social media, and your site will boom in its online presence like never before.
 Longer content is the key:
- According to the On-Page SEO adage, Length is Strength.’ In other words, longer and detailed articles have a better chance at being picked by your audiences instead of the shorter and brief ones.
- Though even shorter and crispier articles have their own advantages, it is advised to use longer articles if you wish to rank among the SEO sites.
- Make sure your article is filled with information and useful content. Simply bulking up your content with empty words may give you a good rating for a while, but to stick around, your content must be exceptionally and consistently great and over-the-top.
 Pay attention to dwell time:
- Dwell time is the time your audience spend on your page after landing on it. You need to focus on improving this dwell time if you need to keep your audience hooked on to the content you are offering. Keep an eye on the dwell time graph to study what content is attracting your audience and what ethics play with them.
- If you feel illustrations or certain patterns of your writing and attracting more readers, focus on polishing and improving those areas.
- After all, at the end of the day, you need traffic and for that, you must be willing to do anything to attract that traffic.