Last Updated on July 2, 2020 by John Zakaria
Hi My friends, John is here….In the next few minutes, I will show you What Is eCommerce Marketing, Types of e-Commerce Businesses, Tips to Make Your E-com Business Successful and more.
What Is eCommerce Marketing?
E-commerce that stands for electronic commerce is a way of doing business over the Internet by utilizing the web for transactions to purchase and buy either services or items.
The creation and improvement of electronic trade is straightforwardly a consequence of the advancement and spread of the Internet.
Throughout the year’s internet business has seen unstable development and a much brighter future.
At first, the absence of focal expert to characterize standards and endorses left some expecting that the Internet is risky for the improvement of business exercises.
Utilizing the Internet for business purposes has for some time been dismissed on these grounds.
The objective of the significant players associated with the advancement of the Internet in the 90s was to have free and open sharing of data.
Broad access to the Internet has changed the more significant part of that.
Throughout the years, the Internet has transformed into a noteworthy stage for organizations to reach their clients from everywhere throughout the world and expand their brands.
As online security gradually enhanced, an ever-increasing number of individuals feel great shopping on the web.
Presently the pattern is widespread to the point that it’s difficult to envision anybody with access to the Internet not going to and purchasing from an online business site.
There before, just significant organizations with massive spending plans could create web-based business sites, because employing a website specialist costs a considerable measure of cash.
At present, the more substantial part of the leading offline retailers has a presence on the internet.
Luckily as of late an ever-increasing number of private companies are beginning on the web stores also because the obstruction to section diminished drastically because of the improvement of across the board internet business arrangements.
Presently retail organizations both of all shapes and sizes can open their items to many individuals on the Internet, which if promoted legitimately could drastically expand benefits for the business.
In this new generation of the Internet, nothing beats the convenience that web-based business has brought individuals everywhere throughout the world.
Adding to the fact that they need to discover pretty much anything their hearts want on the web, they can likewise contrast online retailers with locating the best arrangement on a similar item.
Shoppers are never again constrained to what’s accessible outside their doorstep; they access things all over the world.
There is additionally no compelling reason to make a trek to a store; internet business enables buyers to purchase anything they need 24 hours daily regardless of where they are.
What are the different types of eCommerce?
E-commerce can be of different types as discussed below:
- Business to business online business is the area of business where the additions and benefits are substantially more remunerating because of the way that you work straightforwardly with an organization keeping in mind the end goal to benefit that business.
- The upside of giving incredible business benefit while mainly going over the globe has turned out to be more presumed in light of business to business web-based business.
- You should have a web stage or property to extend and mark your business picture from.
- Ensure your business content streams inside the rules and standards of the web crawlers.
- It helps you in accepting a decent web search tool positioning for your business.
- Business 2 Consumer is a module, which connects retailer and the consumer directly.
- It is either a street retail shop or online shopping.
- The B2C concept serves three products.
- First, is the food product second is tough goods or robust goods, and the third is dry goods.
- Now, these products are available in different locations like a department store, General stores, Malls, E-shop, supermarkets, etc.
- Today online shopping is increasing rapidly, which is also a form of B2C.
- An example of C2B is when a consumer posts his projects or assignments on the website.
- The consumer sets a budget online where within hours many companies review the necessities required by the shopper and after that offer on the task.
- It enables the clients around the world by giving the gathering ground and stage for that specific exchange.
- These transactions include for the most part with the government, from acquirement to documenting duties to business enlistment to reestablishing permit.
- There are still a lot of different classes that exist yet then they tend to be pointless.
[+] Mobile commerce:
- E-commerce will come soon become Mobile Commerce (m-commerce) because mobile devices are more user-friendly than the computer.
- Peoples were checking movies details and much other useful information on their mobile devices.
- Many companies were accepting payment by SMS payment system.
- In future Mobile Commerce (m-commerce) will be sales and marketing showcase, educational application for enterprises.
What Is an eCommerce Store?
Remember those days when people who live in small towns rely on a general store for all their needs? The idea of a store that can handle almost all of your necessities sounds terrific.
The problem is, if you are interested in one particular product, there is a tendency that they might have it or not.
In this internet generation, many companies that were previously limited to brick and mortar have made the shift to also offering their consumers the option of buying their products online.
This move makes a lot of o sense since having an e-commerce store allows companies to integrate actual selling points into their email marketing campaigns seamlessly.
The movement does, however, remain a daunting one for many businesses since there are many technical aspects to consider.
The following are recommendations for brands who wish to set up e-commerce to follow.
Traditional stores differ from Ecommerce stores. Online stores offer the infinite choice of products where customers can get what they want in particular.
The options are sometimes endless since shelf-space is not an issue.
Unlike actual store buildings, E-commerce marketers market their products on the Internet.
Websites are far cheaper to build compared to the cost of making a convenience store.
Another great thing about an E-commerce store is it can be accessible to anybody in the World Wide Web.
No wonder almost everybody wants to have a website these days.
Testimonial after testimonial of people who found success in E-commerce stores is attracting business minded people like a magnet.
The problem comes when new online marketers realize that it isn’t easy as ABC to set up an online store.
When starting one, it’s crucial to follow a specific system known as an E-commerce system.
With so many E-commerce systems claiming to be the most effective or the best there is, who would not be bewildered?
Information on the Internet changes every second and often contradict each other.
Due to this, many are made to believe that e-commerce success is only for a lucky few.
It should not be the case; everybody deserves a chance to know the key to a successful online marketing business.
The secret of E-commerce marketers who are on the front line is simple; they are following a proven efficient and reliable E-commerce system.
Read on to know what method they are using.
Becoming an E-commerce expert is not that impossible anymore.
If you want your eCommerce store to be successful and earn your revenues after revenues, you will need a little help.
Who Can Open an eCommerce Store?
Having a physical store location is no longer enough to compete in the cutthroat retail market.
Last year alone, 41 percent of global Internet users purchased products online, according to leading statistic company, Statista.
Just think, by neglecting eCommerce, you may be missing out on nearly half of potential sales.
Since its introduction, the Internet has had an incredible impact on our culture and drastically changed the way consumers purchase and businesses operate.
The hunt for a good bargain has always been a mission for smart shoppers.
Previously, consumers used to visit a couple of different stores to confirm which had the best deal before making a purchase.
Now, not only do they turn to the Internet to look at retailer websites, but apps and product comparison websites take the legwork out of the process and allow it to be achieved almost instantly.
Consumers crave the ability to browse similar products, examine specifications, and read reviews at their convenience.
A full-service eCommerce website fills this need with product catalogs, as well as comparison, transaction, and cross-selling functionality.
During purchasing, no matter how big or small, consumers rely on other consumers to help steer their decision.
Using star ratings or open-ended feedback on a public platform can help potential transition customers to actual customers.
How do I start an e-commerce business?
[+] Choose Your Market:
- The first thing is to choose your market. You can start by selecting a market that excites you, or you have good knowledge in.
- If you do not have any idea, it isn’t a problem also.
- You just go to Amazon or eBay and find out what the bestselling products are right now, and get started with that.
[+] Setting Up Website:
- Most of the people are complicating the progress of setting up an E-commerce website.
- All you need is a fast loading and professional website.
- And this can be created using existing content management system for E-commerce.
- Although a lot of people are already comfortable with buying stuff online, if your website is difficult to use, hard to navigate and loaded slowly, you will still lose a lot of businesses.
[+] Find a Supplier:
- Similar to regular business, you need to find your product sources.
- Your primary source is a search engine.
- You merely search your product type plus the word “supplier” or “provider,” and you should be able to find one. Remember to do your research about that supplier before paying money to them.
[+] Customer Service:
- It is crucial to a business and business owners are strongly recommended to pay close attention to this part.
- Ideally, business owners should handle this section themselves.
- Not only can you understand what your customers and prospects want, but also you can find out which part of your business should be improved.
[+] Promote Your Business Through SEO:
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which merely means that you are optimizing your website to be viewed by a search engine, and allows search engine users to find you quickly through a search engine.
Let see some tips on doing SEO on an E-commerce website:
=> First, you need unique content to your website:
- It might be the unique product description or a blog post, which is different from the one provided by a manufacturer. Unique content allows a search engine to differentiate from other websites, therefore increasing opportunity for your site to have a higher ranking in search results.
=> Secondly, focus on the single keyword on a product page:
- At last but not the least, make sure that your URL is also understandable by a search engine. Never uses product ID or other parameters on the URL unless you have to. If you are using content management system, this part has been handled already. So please do not re-invent the wheel by doing it again yourself.
What do you mean by a platform of e-commerce?
If you want to dispatch an eCommerce site or sell your items and services on the web, the primary activity is come up with a decent eCommerce platform to build your website on.
With plenty of promoted and open source choices accessible, it winds up plainly hard to choose the ideal stage for a site that suits your business.
No platform offers a one-stop answer for all needs. Every platform offers some advantages and disadvantages, and some few main elements you should consider before you choose one include:
[+] How Technical Are You?
- Sites, for example, Zen Cart and Magento are great choices on the off chance that you are excellent with the detail included, or on the off chance that you can procure a specialist.
- If that is not the situation, it is smarter to run with different choices, for example, Open Cart and OsCommerce.
- Do you expect a considerable measure of additional items and formats for your site?
- Would it be a good idea for them to be adjustable and efficiently editable?
- Magento offers vast customization. However, it requires specialized sound information to change it.
- Every platform has a pick! It’s dependent upon you to choose, in light of your stakes.
[+] Learn the Trends:
- A look through the Google Trends report of eCommerce platforms can give a reasonable thought regarding their prominence.
What is the best open source eCommerce platforms?
Shopping for an E-Commerce software for your online business needs? We understand that it’s not as easy as it sounds.
Of course, you can easily find one by doing a quick search on the Internet.
However, if you’re after top-quality software, then, you need something more than that.
Now, with the availability of so many options, it sometimes might be very confusing for new entrepreneurs, and companies to choose the platform best suited for them.
The reason is that every one of these Open Source options has its pros and cons to consider.
At the same time, the things like- required functionalities, development language, server capabilities and the size of the product line matters a lot.
So, it is always wise to list all requirements before giving any of these platforms a final go.
All of these platforms have been designed with a bit different set of users in mind.
If you do test runs with at least two or three options, you can be sure to find the best-suited one for your need.
Let look at different e-commerce platforms:
- Shopify is a robust e-commerce platform that allows business owners and Entrepreneurs to set up their shop with ease quickly.
- Shopify has gained the attention of many investors as well as individual small businesses.
- Every end of the year, Shopify runs a build a business contest, where different people can sign up and create a store on Shopify.
- The prize pool is fair with priceless mentoring by top investors and entrepreneurs.
- WooCommerce is a free WordPress Plugin used to assemble feature-rich e-commerce websites.
- Making an online shop using WooCommerce enables you to sell your products and services.
- Themes which are customized can help you create a nice website.
- WooCommerce can be acquired through the free download, right now.
- However, despite being free and open-source, WooCommerce provides extensive features out of the box, as also being extraordinarily flexible both by nature and via the extraordinary extensions.
- At present, users can choose different WooCommerce enabled themes – many of which are of no costs, via the Woo Themes Store.
- After selecting a theme, you can then get to work on changing pre-set CSS styles and color themes, modifying the code and experimenting with the extraordinary features which each theme offers.
- BigCommerce is a way for anyone to be able to sell their items online quickly.
- BigCommerce has virtually every single tool that you could ask for in regards to opening up an online store that will be successful and move products.
- A great feature with BigCommerce is that they allow the users to have complete control over the design of their platform.
- While there are many templates that you might apply to design your store, you always can go in and change the HTML code around if you so desire.
- This means that BigCommerce is the perfect place for anyone, regardless of technical knowledge, to go and set up an online store.
- Magento is the most adaptable business-class e-commerce platform available in the market, which is rapidly expanding.
- Magento utilizes the MYSQL database.
- Magento provides artistic, highly innovative and highly functional shopping cart systems that make your eCommerce websites more alluring.
- Not every eCommerce platform is safe, but Magento is considered one among the most secure and consistent among its opponents.
- Magento lets you design such websites that allow you to build your eCommerce store that boosts your sales and profits, thereby improving the brand value of your business.
- This platform will enable you to market your products and services efficiently by eliminating any possible obstacles.
- Yo!Kart offers Google friendly step by step organization, providing you a simple way to make changes in tags and meta tags.
- In search engines results descriptions and page details all show well.
- The platform automatically produces a sitemap which enables updating and contacting of search engine whenever your website has some changes.
- Overall, SEO is exceptionally comprehensive through Yo!Kart offers comprehensive SEO due to its automation and no need to install plugins like it is done in WordPress
Which e-commerce platform is best for SEO?
When one embarks on an e-commerce venture, there are many things one has to take into consideration.
Even cursory research on the internet can leave one overwhelmed by the number of tasks that they are required to perform such as search engine optimization.
Most entrepreneurs and developers thus prefer to go with a tried-and-tested e-commerce platform such as Magneto, then customize it to their needs.
There are several benefits of using Magneto to power one’s e-commerce website.
The more significant advantages of using Magento is the reality of it being an open-source e-commerce platform.
It means that you get to enjoy the benefit of thousands of person-hours spent making, improving and patching any errors in the system.
Magneto is also easily configurable and offers a lot of features, making it easily maintainable by a team of developers.
It leads to less effort and resources being invested in creating features an e-commerce website requires such as managing the inventory.
The broad adaptation of Magneto by businesses of all sizes results in more elements needed by e-commerce sites being frequently added, meaning features you require are likely to be added soon.
Since it is open-source, one can also modify Magento to meet their needs.
Magneto also grows as your e-commerce business grows as it was built with scalability in mind.
Magneto place no upper limit on the number of transactions handled or product items in the catalog.
Since it is also highly modular, Magneto allows one to add features as they are needed or as can be supported.
Both of these features make Magento well-suited for e-commerce websites.
Being SEO friendly is another excellent reason why Magneto is a great e-commerce platform.
By supporting white-hat SEO techniques without requiring a lot of effort, Magento ensures that the website can easily be found by users.
Can you use WordPress for e-commerce?
WordPress can give you an e-commerce website by putting the least possible effort for one.
Besides, WordPress is quite easy to use as you can update your website’s content, images, etc. at your own sweet will.
Doing this would save you money and time that you might have to spend with a developer to see the desired changes.
Moreover, WordPress is full of possibilities, and it is possible to make changes in it the way you want.
In addition to this, in an e-commerce website, e-cart is very much required, and it may cost you a lot if you design and develop your site using any other platform like PHP, Net, etc., WordPress has plenty of plugins available for free, which are applicable accordingly.
It eventually means that you will save a lot of money while getting your e-commerce website built on WordPress.
Tips to Make Your E-com Business Successful:
[+] Never Rush:
- Putting up your own online business nowadays has never been this easy.
- All you need is the right product and a computer with an Internet connection.
- Making a website only requires you to sit in front of your computer and watch online video tutorials on coming up with one all day.
- Once your site is up, voila! You have an e-commerce website.
- Keep in mind that a website doesn’t generate site visits by themselves.
- There has never been a case where a new store was put up in the corner, and people started flocking to it; unless of course if you’re an established brand, which you are not.
- If you rush the launch of your e-commerce website too early without doing the necessary legwork, it will fail.
- Before launching an e-commerce website, or any site for that matter, make sure that you’ve considered SEO.
- In addition to SEO, creating anticipation for your website is of utmost importance as well.
- You must let people know what the nature of your business is; what you’re all about.
- You can do this through either paid advertising or social media.
[+] Always connect with customers:
- It has been a well-established fact that giving your customers the ability to smell, touch, see and feel the products firsthand before making a buying decision dramatically increases sales.
- While there’s no possible way to do this in eCommerce since everything is done online, you can compensate for this shortcoming in other areas of the business.
- A good example would be to give your customers money-back guarantees, grand pricing schemes, free shipping and other benefits.
[+] Always do a test run:
- It is always mandatory.
- It is frustrating than investing in an online eCommerce system only to find out during the launch that it’s not working.
- As a business owner, you should always think of your customer and sort out what works and what doesn’t.
[+] Be social:
- It is very closely related to connecting with your customers.
- Keep in mind that customers want to deal with real live human beings instead of robotic machines.
- If they see that a company takes care of their customers and interacts with them, they’ll be more than happy to be patrons of your business.
[+] Mobile Accessibility:
- Most people are connected to the Internet via mobile devices.
- Gone are the days when people would just sit all day in front of their computers at home only to be online.
- If your business has no mobile accessibility, you’d be losing a large percentage of your business to other companies who can reach people through mobile devices.
[+] Optimize your website for Search Engines:
- Majority of the world’s online activity comes from search queries done by a search engine.
- Not a single website on the Internet nowadays are found without the help of a search engine.
- Therefore, optimizing your site so that it’ll always be included in the top 10 search result of every user is suitable for exposure.
- What good is a business if people can’t find you, right?
[+] Collect customer data:
- A customer’s data is crucial if you plan to do targeted marketing to increase your business.
- A customer’s data contains pertinent information that will assist you in targeting the right customer type of selling a particular product to.
- Without customer data, you won’t be able to know how or who to address a specific product launch in the future.
[+] Keep your site secure:
- Not having security is the fastest way to destroy an e-commerce business.
- Remember, that in an e-commerce website, The most sensitive things that you handle every day is a customer’s financial information (e.g., credit card information, bank accounts, etc.)
- Without proper security, it’ll be open season for the hackers who’ll use that information for their gains. Not only that, without protection, you’ll lose customer trust.
[+] Expand and grow:
- Today’s market is extremely competitive. If you don’t innovate and come up with new products or service to sell, you’ll be left eating the dust of your competitors. Always make sure that you grow and expand your business.
[+] Work closely with social:
- Social media is the heartbeat of an e-commerce business.
- It is imperative that you include social media features on your e-commerce website so that customers can easily share their recent purchases with their friend and family.
- Maintain separate social media pages and ensure that you keep it ‘live’ with interactions.
[+] Go mobile:
- If you aren’t thinking of a mobile strategy for your business, you may soon see the negative impact it has on your customers and your brand as a whole.
- When all your potential customers are mobile, make sure that you are not missing out on your probable sales by not having a mobile compatible website or a mobile app for your business.
[+] Always remain on top of SEO:
- As more and more e-commerce businesses are launched the competition gets fiercer.
- It’s crucial to have a clear search engine optimization strategy in place so that you stay at the forefront always.
- It is vital for long-term success.
So there you have it.
These Tips to Make Your E-commerce Business Successful will get you on the right track in building your business.